Is it cold or allergy.
Both can have similar symptoms but there are main differences
If you have a cold
- You get fever, generalized aches and pain. These don’t happen with allergy
- Sore painful throat usually comes with the colds.
- They often take several days to show up after exposure to a virus/cold.
- Colds tend to occur in the winter.
- The symptoms of a cold typically last three to 14 days.
- The nasal discharge might have a color.
If it is allergy you usually get
- You get itchy eyes.
- They are seasonal.
- Symptoms occur immediately after exposure to pollens in spring, summer or fall.
- Allergy symptoms last longer, usually for weeks.
- The nasal secretion is usually clear.
Common symptoms between both
- Runny nose
- Stuffy nose
- Cough , but it is more common with colds
- Fatigue and weakness (Sometimes)